You might have got this post information through Facebook and for this website Facebook provides a good platform for connecting to its readers. So without doubt Facebook is a revolution in this internet world and Facebook did provide things which were hard to be found in the past.
Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook in 2004 and since then
1. There are almost 1.4 billion Facebook users spread all around the world.
2. Every second there are 20,000 people using Facebook and in just 18 minutes there are 11 million users on Facebook.
3. On average there are 486,183 users a minute accessing Facebook from their mobile.
4. There are 745 million daily Facebook users via mobile and Facebook is adding 8 people per second.
5. 100,000 friend requests on Facebook every 10 minutes and 500,000 Facebook “Likes” every minute.
6. Facebook generates $1.4 million in revenue every hour.
7. Several people have been murdered for unfriending someone on Facebook.
8. A woman was given 20 months in jail for creating fake Facebook profiles to send abusive messages to herself.
9. Facebook has 95 million users in China despite being blocked.
10. So many Facebook photos and videos are uploaded via mobile that it takes up 27% of upstream web traffic.
11. There are about 30 million dead people on Facebook.
The above facts are just an overview of what Facebook is and the potential by which it is growing there is no one stopping it in the near future. But this article is not about what Facebook is but about how Facebook is wasting our time.
Do we know that the average Facebook user spends 40 minutes a day on Facebook website and as we all know that time is money so just calculate how much money we spent in a day on Facebook. Most people held the view that with Facebook they connect socially to the world which earlier they were not able to do as they had no time to meet in person. No doubt Facebook has connected us socially and we are able to connect with our friends and loved ones who are far away but didn’t we browse Facebook news feed many times in a day just to check is their something new going on ?
In the early time Facebook only used for contacting and socializing with each other and chatting in a group. But now a days it is not used to pass time but it is used as a compulsory task that if we do not use Facebook we are not alive. Sadly, now a days youngsters spend their precious time on Facebook instead of studying just as youngsters hate to face the book but love to use Facebook.
People just write anything on Facebook and wait for their friends to like it. We just scroll down on our Facebook pages daily and I don’t know how many times a day to LIKE something. Based on statistics smartphone users check Facebook 14 times a day.
Of course social media is a great tool and we should use it in this digital world but wasting our time scrolling on Facebook page and unnecessary clicking the ‘LIKE’ button is something we should avoid.
And aren’t we compromising our personal information by uploading our personal pictures and posting everyday status of our daily life on Facebook as every information gets stored in Facebook servers.Do we know that Facebook tracks which sites you visit, even after you have signed out.
Surely we don’t know that when Zuckerberg created Facebook in 2004, he bragged about people trusting his site with personal information.”Dumb f**ks” he called them.
So building a social network is must but using our time only to build that network is something we must avoid.