Cars have always been a status symbol for people and someone who owns an expensive car is considered a rich person. Many famous brands such as Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar are the status symbol one always ready to own. So here is the list of the 5 most expensive cars sold in 2015.
5. Jaguar C-Type Works Lightweight 1953
In 1953 only three Jaguar C-Types were produced and this is one of them. It is now the most expensive Jaguar ever sold at auction.
- 220 bhp
- 3.442 cc DOHC , six cylinder engine
- Four-speed fully synchronized manual transmission
Jaguar specifically built this car for the 1953 Le Mans race and it features a weight saving components, thus the name “Lightweight”. Jaguar won Le Mans race in 1953, finished 77 miles ahead of the 2nd place finisher and set the following records:
- Fastest lap speed of 105.232 mph
- 24-hour speed record of 93.495 mph
- Greatest distance traveled in 24 hours at 2,243.886 miles
Price – $13,200,000
4. McLaren F1 ‘LM-Specification’ 1998
This is the 63rd and second last road going F1 which grew up in McLaren’s factory. It has LM-spec engine swap imbued with 680 hp and an extra high downforce package.
- 680 bhp
- 6,064 cc DOHC 48-valve 60-degree aluminum V-12 engine
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Amalgam of functional aero parts
- helicopter grade car to car radio and intercom system
- Top speed of 240.41 mph at the Ehra-Lessien Proving Ground in Germany, 1998. To this day, the McLaren F1 still holds the record as the fastest naturally aspirated production car.
Price – $13,750,000
3. Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato 1962
Created to challenge Ferrari’s 250, DB4 GT, a sportier version of the DB4, was a joint venture of Aston Martin and Italian coach builder Zagato.It is 14th of the just 19 DB4GT’s tailored by Zagato
- 314 bhp
- 3,670 cc DOHC twin-plug alloy inline six-cylinder engine with triple Weber 45 DCOE carburetors
- four-speed synchromesh alloy-cased manual transmission with overdrive
Price – $14,300,000
2. Ferrari 250 LM Coupe by Scaglietti 1964
One of the greatest Ferraris of all time, Ferrari 250 LM coupe by Scaglietti . is 23rd of the 32 cars produced and was always destined to race.
- 320 hp
- 3,286 cc aluminum-block V-12 engine with six Weber 38 DCN carburetors
- Five-speed manual transmission
In 1965, it took 1st overall at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race, making it the last Ferrari to ever do so.
Price – $17,600,000
1. Ferrari 290 MM by Scaglietti 1956
Ferrari’s 290 MM holds a significant place in the history of the automobile, driven by the most successful F1 driver ever in terms of winning percentage: Juan Manuel Fangio.
- 20 bhp
- 3,490 cc SOHC 60-degree Type 130 dry-sump V-12 engine with triple Weber twin-choke 46 DCF3 carburetors and twin spark-plug ignition with quad Magneti-Marelli distributors
- Four-speed manual transmission
This particular chassis was driven by the five-time World Champion in the 1956 running of the Mille Miglia to a 4th place finish, ensuring that it would be coveted and pampered by car collectors the world over for the rest of its existence. The impeccable features of this car make it the most expensive car sold in 2015.
Price – $28,050,000